Saturday, December 17, 2005

... But It's Only Just Begun

Nanowrimo may be over, but our local writing community has only just begun.

My first year I met a bunch of interesting local writers and stayed in touch with some. Last year there didn't really seem to be many nebies. Then there was nanowrimo '05! We have gone from a couple of small separated groups to an actual writing community - yay!

Now we just need to keep it going. We have our website, our blog, our online group and our weekly writeins. Do we want more? I know the list looks like a lot, but most of it is online stuff and rarely takes more than five minutes a day.

Do we want to put together a monthly critique/editing group. Lori, Janelle and I had one going, weekly, for over a year after nanowrimo '03. Life just kind of got in the way and the group fell apart. I know the three of us got a lot from the group, but once a week is a hard thing to so. That's why I'm thinking once a month might be doable. I miss having others look at my work objectively and give me some perspective on it.

It's just a thought, but something I'd like ya'll to considder. Let me know what you think.

Ken

2 comments:

No Filter: The Book said...

I think doing some editing in our weekly-ish Panera sessions could be fun ... That way you can get multiple opinions too . me and Lanna will be there Sunday around 10:30 or so ...

edmund davis

Ken said...

That would probably work quite well, as long as people were willing to be open about letting others read their stuff. {We know you won't have troubles with THAT Edmund.} And people willing to take the time to do some reading.

Then the next question is do we want to do editing and critiquing, or just crit?

We should sit down and talk about it on the 8th.

Ken